Policy Management Manual
This procedure introduces Patios Pergolas Sydney approach to project delivery and the specific services it provides. In addition it introduces the procedures covered in this manual, their linkages and the role of checklists
To introduce and overview the project delivery process, comprising development planning, project and construction management, as performed by Patios Pergolas Sydney.
1. Approaches to Project Delivery Management
Patios Pergolas Sydney recognises that there are three ways in which projects will be delivered in Australia. These are:
- Consultant, Main Contractor & “Design & Construct”
- Project & Construction Management
- Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP)
Design & Construct is a method of project delivery in which the Main Contractor takes a brief direct from the client but delivers on a fixed contract basis.
The Patios Pergolas Sydney system” of project & construction management was devised to be a client oriented system that eliminated the rigidity and often confrontational approach of the “traditional” system and would fill a Pacific in the industry and is the basis of our delivery system.
The GMP delivery process places some performance based rewards into the PACIFIC system of delivery meeting one of the key reservations clients have
2. The Patios Pergolas Sydney system of Project and Construction Management, as agent for the client, has the following key priorities:
- A strong emphasis on being Client orientated and obtaining the best value for the Client.
- Eliminating the main contractor and replacing the main contractor function with Patios Pergolas Sydney as Construction Manager.
- The ability to progressively tender trades as the programme and design dictates.
- A team approach with a strong emphasis on Project Planning, Value Engineering and Value Management.
- Recognising that individual Clients have different priorities with respect to cost, time and quality.
3. The major benefits of the Patios Pergolas Sydney system over the traditional system are:
- Shorter project duration.
- Team approach that focuses on the Clients’ needs.
- Better opportunities to “value engineer” the project using the full expertise of the Project Team.
- Greater flexibility during the construction period allowing scope changes to occur without incurring cost and time penalties.
- Patios Pergolas Sydney has an “overview” of the project and can influence decisions to achieve the best result for a Client.
- Truly competitive pricing of trade contracts.
- Quality systems focused on meeting the Client’s quality objectives throughout the project process.
Our Project Management Systems comply with AS/NZS ISO 9001:2000.
Patios Pergolas Sydney Employees and sub-contractors follow strict safety standards in accordance with our Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Management Procedures. We use a range of Elevated Work platforms and access equipments. Our Personnel are fully licensed for all the tasks we undertake. All our employees are site safety induced and have induction cards.